Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Travel buddy!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Friday, October 27, 2006

Travel buddy!

When I first met Joan it was as part of the Mod Squad (the modern language teachers), and so it was very m uch an issue of remembering whose face when with which name. That said, Joan was easy to remember because she looks like my friend Pam from home! While their personalities are very different, Joan has become a good friend. About six weeks ago she invited me to go to Exploris and Mt. Stewart. We had such a good time I invited her to come along on our daytrip to Ayr Scotland. We had a blast. So, Joan, thanks for travel memories, laughs, taking over staffroom three (the office!), lunch at Cafe Culture and the works. I'm going to miss you come January!
In other news, my Mom and DAd are on their way as of tonight. Today I'm waiting for friends and neighbors who are on their way from Indiana to spend the night with us, before heading out to tour the island, both North and Republic. Today we finished at Noon, as it is the start of half term holiday. Had lunch with my friend Fiona (and future in-law!) at the Tesco cafe, and then we were off to do our grocery shop. Got everything on my list and then more (go figure!). Fav's these days are the multi flavoured crisps (got Brie and Cranberry, Pepercorn and cream cheese, and another kind which I don't remember!), sauce for making open face prawn (shrimp) sandwiches, the always present chocolate digestive biscuits!, and a do it yourself Christmas cake kit (maybe next year I'll do a "real" one). I'm off to get Mr. E from nursery in a bit!)
xoxo til next time!
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home