Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Parent's Morning

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Parent's Morning

This morning was parent's morning at E's school. I had the first few periods off so that I could take him to school and then attend the meeting for P1 paretns. It was so nice to see him playing on the Infant school playground with his friends. The children line up-greet the teacher (Good Morning Mrs. McComb) and then march into the classroom.Something about this little ritual really touched me. I think it was seeing him in his little uniform with his class, all lined up. Anyway, parents were then invited into the school hall for the P1 meeting. The school nurse did the usual talk about health etc, and then we had a practice Jolly Phonics lesson by Mrs. Breen (the other p1 teacher). The program looks really good and I know that E is doing well in it. He had his second sound test today and is batting a 100 percent average. Smart kid! Tonight he brought home his first reading book, and so we did that along with his phonics and sight word list. I'm glad that school is a good place for him. I hope it continues to be! Open day is in a month and I think I'll go to that as well. I love finding out what he did at school.
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home