Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: A Much Better Day!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Much Better Day!

What can I say? God is so good! It has been a really nice week. We got my friend from college off to Dublin and then Indiana on Tuesday morning. It was great to have company, and we welcome more! I made my Mom's mac and cheese this week and it was a wonderful taste of home! We were also blessed with a meal from my friend Fiona and her family on Monday night! Yummy food, and great friends to share it with! On Wednesday a friend at school got some good news and so we went to Belfast Castle to celebrate. The castle is amazing-beautiful gardens and amazing house. I want to go back to the shop there! We had a creme tea (think scone with fruit topped with homemade cream and jam!) Yum-what were we thinking dumping all that yummy tea into the harbour? (just kidding-I do know!). The idea of tea is so very calming. I hope it is a habit I can continue once we are back home! I made a roast chicken and left over mac and cheese for tea last night and our friend Joan came over to eat with us. It is always nice to share a meal with friends! I am so glad that it is soon to be the weekend. We're off to Marks and Spencer's for more uniform pants for Mr. E. Speaking of Mr. E, he brought home his first phonics test today-perfect score. He was quite chuffed (pleased) with the sticker on his sounds book. He also has two more words to learn-and already knows them. His class starts full days on the 16th. Up until this point they have been going from 9 til 12:15. The days will extend to 2 PM and they will have lunch there. For now he will be having a school lunch. I've run out of ideas for packed lunches and will be glad to give that a rest! It's hard to believe that just two months ago this was all so new. I still really enjoy being here, but for the most part things seem more "normal". I'm looking forward to half term break at the end of Oct. as my folks come over then! OH, and I got a note from the teacher today, because I'd sent E an apple turnover for snack. Only plain cookies and fruit are allowed. OH, well!
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home