Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Feeling a bit wobbly

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Feeling a bit wobbly

I got up this AM thinking about how 1/4 of my time here is already gone. I'm not sure how I feel about that. The first two weeks here were all about how wonderful things were and yet I missed home. Then about a month in I had an awful week. It ended and I stayed (so glad I didn't get on the plane to head home, which was what I was thinking). Then, the thought came to me this week-this feels like home. I like it here. I like teaching here. I have made some amazing friends. Yes, all in six weeks. I have started to be a regular in places. The butcher called me "luv" for the first time this week. I must be moving up in the world. I know the guy at the train station, the library ladies, the lunch ladies at school. I now know the names of many of the staff. I'm feeling much more okay with being here. Then, this AM as I was thinking about all of this, I realized that I'm not sure that I'd want to go home. I can't imagine not seeing some of these people who have made my stay so lovely, and who I'm so glad to call friends. This culture shock is tough work :)
night night.
ML

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home