Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: School, food, and the girls

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Friday, September 01, 2006

School, food, and the girls

Today was my second full day of school with the girls there. I have now met all of my students minus one who is still on holliday. The girls have been lovely, and there are many please, thank you, and excuse me's issued to one another as well as teachers. It's funny to just be called "miss". Here they wait outside the classroom until you ask them in. "may we come in, miss?". Um, wow! I think we've had two good days. I'm still a bit in awe. I'm glad it's the weekend as the first three weeks of school always make me very tired. E has been such a good boy about going to his new nursery that we're going to the city centre tomorrow to buy a new DVD. I think Mummy needs something new as well! Oh, and I dropped my alarm clock, which went to pieces today, so I need to get a new one. I also need a new umbrella. This has been quite a week! OH well! Did I tell you that the fridge died this AM? I should have known when my breakfast was room temp! The oven is not working either and tonight I smashed a bug! So, tomorrow will be better, right?
love from Belfast,
ML and EE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home