Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: And yet more food.........

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Monday, August 14, 2006

And yet more food.........

When we were getting ready to move the the UK, I had this crazy idea that I would be able to diet here. I was so very wrong. In the last two days we've been invited to tea at two different houses. On Sat. night we went to tea at the neighbors house and had a wonderful time. Louise and Paul have two little boys, 4, and 8. E had a wonderful time playing with them, and then after a tea of chicken, veg, and apple pie with heavy cream we went for a walk on the beach. After the beach we let the children play at the playground. Even playground words are different: merry go rounds are round-a bouts, and jungle gyms are climbing frames. Swings are just that, swings! Yesterday we went to lunch at Carol's sister, Rosemary's house. Her family is wonderful as well. We got to met her DH, two children, SIL Janice who is training to be a midwife (how cool is that?!), her children, and family friends Healther, JAmes, and Matthew. We had a lovely roast chicken, veg, pie, yummy lemon roll, tea and sarnies and fruit. We didn't get home from "lunch" til almost eight pm! People have been so kind about welcoming us here. It really has made being so far away from home a very positive thing. Last night very late I had a nice talk with ANgy our media person at school and our dear friend Pam. I can't decide if talking to people at home makes me feel better or a bit homesick. I start school next Tuesday and we're going to meet the childminder tomorrow. I need to go downtown to do some shopping and I'd also like to take E to the children's museum in Belfast before we get back to school. In some ways I'm looking forward to going back to work and in others I'm getting very comfy with my daily life here at "home".
Til later,
ML

1 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Glad to hear you're settling in well. I enjoy reading your differences between American and British English. All this time I've been thinking a Jungle Gym was the same as our "soft play" places, when really it was only a climbing frame? LOL

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home