Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Castles, Sticky Toffee Pudding and the TRain

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Castles, Sticky Toffee Pudding and the TRain

This morning we got up and decided to head into Carrickfergus to take back a pair of E's uniform pants that will soon be too smalll. I was amazed at how easy this was-didn't even need the paperwork! We now have another pair in the correct size. I'm thinking of going to Marks and Spencers to get another pair next week but I'm not sure. Anyway, after getting the uniform pants, we walked down to Carrickfergus castle which dates, I believe, to the 10th century. We toured the castle and then walked down to (i know, i know) McDonalds for a couple of Happy Meals. Having finished lunch I promised that we'd stop at a bakery for a treat. We'd passed two yummy looking ones on the way to the castle. Somehow we managed to get to the train station by another street, so no goodies today.
The Tesco man, called Mr. Tesco, came EARLY today with my weekly order of groceries. I can't tell you how nice it is to place the order online and then have it show up within a two hour period of your choice. Not too much is different from my list back home, but I am amazed with the fresh pasta/fresh take out (they'd say take away here)meals that you can get. We also love chocolate covered digestive biscuits (cookies). On my friend Margaret's advice, I ordered two mini sticky toffee puddings. They come in a tub (pot here) and you put one in the microwave and then turn upside down on a plate. Very yummy. Imagine something like upsidedown cake with a very thick toffee sauce. I'm pretty sure that it's not low cal!
Tonight we're just hanging out at the house, and watching a movie. (Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body-hi Jill!). Funny thing that I learned this week-Oprah is on TV here :) In other notes, E has started calling me Mum about 20 percent of the time.
xoxo,
ml and bl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home