Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: No!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Thursday, July 20, 2006

No!

No, no, no, no, no! You can't make me go. Okay, so I'm feeling a bit like a two year old here. Sitting at my computer, with the baby llama in bed, I think I'm starting to feel the reality of going somewhere far, far, away for six months. Will we have fun-I'm sure. Will we both learn tons-I'm sure. It's just that I'm going to miss my family and friends here so much. How hard will it be to fight with my Mom from six thousand miles away (just kidding Mom!). I have such a great family and I love them so much, it's going to be really hard to be away from them. Then there are my friends. They keep me sane. We have late night phone chats. We talk about hard things, and funny things and everything in between. I'll miss them too. I think posting this has reminded me how very lucky I am in so many ways.
Que Dios Te Bendiga,
Mama Llama, la triste.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, MamaLlama. Caught your comment on Kristina Hine's blog about you coming to Greenisland. It would be good to meet with you. I am Jim Stothers, Minister of Greenisland Presbyterian Church. You asked about Greenisland Primary School - it is a very good school and very popular. You could have difficulty getting a place, though as it runs full or almost full most of the time. It would depend what class your child was going into. I note you are a Spanish teacher. As it happens our Clerk of Session (secretary to our board of elders) is also a Spanish teacher. There is also a lady locally who, while not a member of our church, has some associations with us, who is a native Bolivian.
If you like, check ou our website www.gpcnet.org, send me an email on minister@gpcnet.org or drop in tpo one of our church services on Sundays at 11 am or 8pm (7pm from September on)
Best wishes,

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home