Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: The Last Bit of Paperwork (I hope)

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Last Bit of Paperwork (I hope)

Well, as of Wednesday the last bit of paperwork is done. I think that there was less paperwork in adoption my DS, then there has been this past year! My visa application and 1.24 billion needed info (passports, birth certs, etc) are on their way to the British Consulate in Chicago. We should have our entry visas in about a week or two. In other related news, I am reading the BEST book. (Okay, so I know that I think every book I read is the best) It's called Rules, Britania and is written by a UK expat who lives with her family in Chicago. Yummy and funny info about life in the UK. Got to say that I love the lists of words that cause giggles! I'm also reading 1-2-3- Magic about parenting. When three people that you trust talk about the same book in a short period of time, it may be a hint to read it :) Also looking to read Susan Wise Bauer's History of the World Vol. 1 as I may think about using it for E's school next year. For those of you in the know, Wise-Bauer is the co-author of "The Well TRained Mind" which I think should be required reading for anyone teaching-homeschool or classroom. I'll blog more when I have news!
TTFN,
The Mama Llama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home