Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Chicago-so very much my kind of town

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Monday, June 12, 2006

Chicago-so very much my kind of town

Well, Laura (my admin) from school and I are back from the one day Chicago Fulbright pre-orientation orientation (make sense?). Anyway, tons of good news, info., chats with former Fulbrighters etc. The only sad thing was that P. Suave, of Cuke Co, MI was not there. I was so very excited to see his name tag and then, the poor pickled one was elsewhere. Oh, well. Next time, maybe?! After the meetings Laura and I headed out to see the sites and really enjoyed the King Tut exhibit at the Field. It's there til Jan. 07, so go check it out. King Tut, himself was not there, but there were rooms and rooms of stuff from his tumb and his family. We did a bit of shopping in the Loop, rode the train, ate FAR too much (including awesome brownie cheesecake and pasta). If you are reading Laura thanks tons-I had a ball! Can't wait til it's time to go!
ML

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home