Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: The parade (and things that I'll miss)

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Friday, June 30, 2006

The parade (and things that I'll miss)

Tonight was the Regatta/4th of July parade here in town. We had such a wonderful time seeing old friends, and being part of the adoption float. I've been working on the Fulbright in someway or another for over a year now. During that time, I've been "full steam ahead" and really excited. Tonight, I think the reality of leaving for six months has kicked in a bit. I had such fun seeing all of these people who are really important to me, and I realized that for a bit it will not be as easy. It also made me think about all of those wonderful people in my life and and lucky I am. So Mom and Dad, Ang and crew, Shirley and Jake, Rob and Susan and everyone else-thanks for a great night-and thanks for being there!
love,
The Mama Llama

1 Comments:

Blogger RC HAMMER said...

Cool, you were in a float. What's an adoption float?
Hammer out.

RC Hammer

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home