Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Money....

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Money....

Well, I picked up some Euros and Pounds yesterday at the bank. I wanted to get enough to last a couple of days as we will get to the UK on a Sat. and I guess almost everything is closed on Sunday there. I'm still trying to figure out packing for six months. Go figure!
I'm getting really excited-we've only got threee weeks to go. I figure that the next three weeks will go very fast or very slowly. I'm hoping for fast. After almost 18 months of this process, I just ready to go! We're heading off for the Baby Llama's swim lesson. Tonight is the final night of the two weeks. His teacher has been so amazing. None of the four kids started out swimming and now all four are floating on the tummy's and swimming in some way or the other. I down loaded the 45 sight words that P1 kids need to know this year and we've been working on them a little bit. Go figure, I spent all spring teaching phonics and they do whole language!
Til later
ML

3 Comments:

Blogger Kath said...

Fascinating to read your blog about coming to the UK! Mainland UK has some shops (but not banks) open on a Sunday - supermarkets are open approx 10-4 and take credit cards, but we have chip and pin so you need to know your pin number. Corner shops are open longer hours. I expect NI is similar.

The government is saying now that first and fast phonics is the best way to go, but most schools have alot invested in whole word reading schemes so the national curriculum seems a strange mix of reading strategies to me - just one reason we home ed. I wouldn't worry about your little one knowing the words - they have all year to learn them.

3:23 PM  
Blogger RC HAMMER said...

I'm sorry MammaLlamma! I kept coming to your blog when you didn't update and I got sick of coming here because it was never updated and now you updated alot and I missed most of the updates!!!

(breath,breath,breath,breath.)

Anyway, is there a way that you can give me your blog site? To get to your blog I have to go to April on Pepino Suave's blog and then I have to go to 1 of the comments, click you name, and thengo to you profile, and so on...

How about you go to my blog (http://theflippingsweetblog.blogspot.com) and leave a comment so I can get here faster.

Thanks!
Hammer out.

RC Hammer

6:55 PM  
Blogger MamaLlama said...

Wow-Kathy, thank's for the info. We're getting very excited and are down to the last 2.5 weeks. This feels like a long time coming!
RC-www.mamallama.blogspot.com
have a good one folks!
ML

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home