Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: School Starts on Tuesday

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Saturday, August 19, 2006

School Starts on Tuesday

Where has the summer gone? In someways it has been very long as I was waiting to get here! In other ways, it seems like it just started. Carol started school last Monday and the kids came on Wed. She is doing well. I start on Tues. with an afternoon meeting for new teachers. All staff meetings are the rest of the week. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. E will not start til the 7th of Sept. which feels like a very long way away right now. We went downtown today to do a bit of shopping. I still need to get a planner and an alarm clock. I went back to Lush-gosh i LOVE that place! Today was a freebe day and I walked out with two new (and free) products in addition to my usual stuff. I was very good and did not buy a thing at all in the BBC store. We had a snack at Marks and Spencer (one of my fav places) and then walked to the Disney store so that E could get his costume. He picked PowerRangers. He's so happy to have something to dress up in again. Such a drama king! Walked past my usual bookstore and tried out a new one. I think I'll be visiting them both (oh no!) as they are so very different. I'm off to read E his new Alfie book!
xoxo,
dm and e

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, it's Tuesday now--tell us about the first day!!!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto - I'm sure you're worn out but we're waiting to hear how it went!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home