Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Children's TV

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Children's TV

When we lived in the States E's babysitter and I often had talks about the quality of the children's shows in the UK. Pam's sister has lived in the uk for 20 years and so her children have grown up there. Being here only over a week, I have to agree with Pam's thoughts-the kids programmes here are great! E really enjoys watching BBC children's TV. Our fav's at the moment are Charlie and Lola, which we can get back home on Disney channel, Big Cook Little Cook, and yesterday at a friend's suggestion, we picked up a PC Plum video. We'll watch it tonight. E also likes Postman Pat and got his first video yesterday as well at the BBC store. In other news, I've discovered the most amazing place called Lush. It's somewhat Bath and Body store, but everything is all natural and the products are amazing. Last night I used the MMM marshmellow float (Which has cocoa butter in it). It makes amazing pink bubbles and turns the water a very girly pink. I also have a "happy pill" in waiting. It is a large bath tablet in orange and lemon that does citrus sented bubbles. Such fun! They have a website www.lush.com but it looks like the closest us store to us is chicago. oh, well. i can alway sinternet shop!
tl,
ml

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. George said...

I wish BBC America would carry some of the children's programs. My two are getting a bit old but do enjoy Charlie and Lola.
I went to visit Ireland when I was in school in the UK many years ago. I'll be living vicariously through you this year. I am a bit jealous.
Have a great school year!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home