Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Bit by bit.....

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bit by bit.....

Somehow the title of this post seems to work for many areas in my life right now. What made me think of this is that at E's nursery they are taking in a bit of uniform each day this week. The thinking is that by learning to put on each part of the uniform little by little, the kids will not feel worried about uniform dressing, and they will be used to it by the time that school starts next week. On Tuesday the kids took their jumpers or sweatshirts, today was plimsoles (small indoor pe shoes), and tomorrow will be backpacs and pencil cases. E's backpack came with a pencil case that attaches to an inside pocket. Gosh, I hope I wasn't to buy another one (guess I could pick one up this weekend!). E seems to like this and it is easier then my telling him to practice! We had another easy day of drop off and pick up. He really seems to like being there and the staff really seem to like the kids. It is bright and cheerful and the staff wear bright pink polo shirts.
In terms of other bits....today was a half day for the girls and staff alike. Margaret, Joan (French, Spanish, Italian AND german-how amazing is that!) and I went for tapas today for lunch. There is an amazing tapas bar in the Complex in Belfast. We each ordered two tapas and then picked from each others plates. I think we had: tortilla espanola, pollo con limon, chorizo con vino, una ensalada de tomate con goat cheese, serano ham and cheese on toast points, and smoked salmon on toast. Very tasty. Not being ones to pass up chocolate-we had orange and chocolate cheesecake and tea (or cafe!) and orange tart. So very good.
The final bits of daily life are coming together and I am starting to feel like I know a bit about living here. (Not tons mind you, but a bit!). I know how to get the bus and train into town, how to get the train to where I meet my ride for school and home again. How to get to Carrick to see the castle and shopping, etc. I am, as I have posted very found of grocery with Mr. Tesco, but have found a like soul in Margaret as we both love to grocery shop IRL (in real life). The girls come tomorrow for class and I'm a bit worried, which I know is normal.
Hugs and Love from the Belfast duo!
ML and EE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home