Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Woohoo! A working computer!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Woohoo! A working computer!

While working on the computer on Sat. Night, I noticed an odd smell. Then the computer went blank! Oh, no-could it be that my major way of communicating with the world was gone? 3.5 days later, thank to Alan, Carol's machine has a new power source and I have a working computer again! I can't tell you how happy this makes me, as not only do I depend upon the computer for news, AIM, e-mail and the like, I use Skype for my round the world phone calls! So, you can see why I am thrilled to be online and in touch again!
In other news, tomorrow (not today) is the first new teacher day. As I did not have school today, I took E to the childminders and then went off to do a few "day before school" things. I went into the city centre (center for my Indiana readers :), and went to Lush for some "Honey I washed the Kids" soap (amazing stuff) as well as a mobar bath melt. I then went to Eason's for a school diary for the year. I got a bright red one. I was only sad that they didn't have them in Charlie and Lola! On, then to Waterstones where I bought books that I really don't need. I can't help it having a stockpile of books makes me feel better. On to Boots, the chemist for some MORE bath products. They have a line of products from the Sanctuary Spa in Covent Gardens. Really lovely scrubs and lotions. You can never have too many bath products or books when starting something new and kind of stressful! I went to Mothercare (somewhat of BabyGap meets Babies R Us) to get Mr. E a pair of Postman Pat jammies (E is wearing said jammies at this very moment!). Finally, I went to Marks and Spencer's food hall (imagine Dillards having a grocery with very yummy things) to get E some low fat, no artificial colors, kiddy lunches and a lunch box. I also got myself some dark chocolate-orange biscuits. Ace! I'll write tomorrow night about day one:)
hugs and kisses to all at home!
dm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home