Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Back from shopping!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Back from shopping!

Well we headed off this AM to the city centre on the bus with our list as follows:
1. E's uniform for a club that is somewhat like Boy Scouts.
2. A lunch box
3. The DVD that goes with his school's phonics program.
4. A small treat for E.
5. American fast food.
Yes, I know that fast food is awful and that we should be enjoying the local food. Truth be told, I really would rather have the local foods, but when we are near a McD or KFC I feel bad telling E no. We're not near them all that often and other then that we are enjoying local cuisine. Heading from the bus we went up and down the main street looking for what we needed. Regular readers will be amazed to know that I did not even go into Lush today! Nor did I go to the BBC store. That must be a first (in fact I know that it is!). We did go to Eason's (like BandN) and I had planned to go to Waterstones, but we went into WH Smith for the first time. There I found a reward chart for E heading into nursery without tears or a fuss. We took the lift downstairs only to be in what I have to describe as like an American mega bookstore. AMAZING! I want to go back one day while E is at nursery and hit all three of the big bookstores downtown! We went to Mark's and Spencer, but for once I could not find a thing I wanted or needed. I had planned to go to Mothercare (great store!) for a baby gift and a new jumper for E, but by the end of the day we were both too tired! We headed off to Castle Court the mall and had lunch at KFC. We both had the kids meal. Next we were off to ELC (early learning centre)-we need this store in the States. They have the most amazing toys and books. We got E the phonics DVD that we were after and then we looked at things that "Father Christmas" might bring. Off then to the Disney store for E's lunch box. He got one from the movie Cars. His PE bag is also the same theme. Imagine his look when on the first day of school he discovered that the classroom theme is the same thing! I'm off to do more laundry. I've already got the uniforms done for the week. I'm finished hoovering and clearning bathrooms, floors, and kitchens, now all I've got to do is make my TESCO list for the week!
Hugs from NI!
DM and EE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home