Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Waiting til five.........

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Waiting til five.........

so that I can order from-get this-Pizza Hut! It has been a really long week for many reasons, but I thought we both needed a "taste" of home, thus the pizza. Our fridge died this week and the new one will not be here til Wed, so we're ordering out and eating out of the freezer. Not the end of the world. So, on with the update.
Church: The second Sunday we were here (much too tired the first!) we went to the local Baptist church. People were very nice, but it just didn't "fit". This week, Margaret thought we should try the local Pres. church. Also, they just finished having an American MDiv student as their intern, so we thought it might be a good fit. The service was very nice, E enjoyed their kids club called KFC (no chicken that I can tell!) and I think we'll go back next week. I met the Mom of one of E's friends from Nursery, as well as a couple of other people. One very nice couple was amazed to find out that we're from IN as their DS is working in Indy for six months! I guess he really likes it there! It made me feel happy and yet a little sad to meet someone who has a local tie to home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. George said...

I was raised a Catholic. When I did my study abroad in York, I went to the Catholic services but they seemed so cold and impersonal, it made the homesickness worse. I ended up at a C of E church in the shadow of the York Minster. I went with one of my housemates and we were welcomed, invited to dinners at parishoner's homes, and treated like family for our entire stay. Sometimes you have to be willing to go someplace new to find the place you belong.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home