Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Why I'm Having Ice Cream for Lunch...

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Why I'm Having Ice Cream for Lunch...

During the last three days my cold (given to me by the dear baby llama) has gone from bad to worse. By yesterday my voice was just a tiny bit of what it normally is. After a phone call to Mags we decided that I'd ring the VP in charge of staff and take the day. After all if you can't talk you can't teach. By bedtime my voice was totally gone. It is hit or miss today and I've been enjoying lots of milky tea and ice cream. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be better by tomorrow. In reality this happens every year at the start of school. I think it is the stress on my voice times the stress of starting school again. I'm taking a short break from my spot on the sofa watching daytime BBC programmes to update the blog and then back to the sofa I go. I hope to post about our weekend trip to the Giant's Causeway soon-it was beyond words. (and this coming from me!). Even E got into it stopping as we were half way back up, looking out over the sea and saying " it's really amazing mummy, right".
Yes, my love it is amazing and so are you!
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home