Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Sick-again!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Monday, October 02, 2006

Sick-again!

I'm sitting at my computer at 8:02 AM local time. I'm not at school because I'm sick yet again. Remind me that I'm almost NEVER sick at home. I keep telling myself that I am in a new space with lots of new germs. Still, I hate missing school. That said, I have an awful ear ache, etc. I really can't hear out of my left ear and the right one is starting to hurt. Oh, and I'm losing my voice again. Damp weather-ick! I've been very down in the dumps abotu being here the last couple of days. Then, this AM, while reading two of my Fellow Fulbrighter's blogs I've noticed the same about them. Maybe it's normal? Que piensas?
On a positive note my friend Melissa from college has been here this week. It has been wonderful. We've been into the city a couple of times, taken the open top bus tour, shopped a bit, and checked out a new area of town. Mel has also been hit on by an older guy (like late 40's!), who told her that she had amazing eyes. Oh, boy! She is set to leave very early tomorrow morning, and the house will seem very empty without her. I'm sure that I will be feeling a bit teary then. I've gotten used to having someone adult to talk to. Oh, and the fact that she has cooked one night, hoovered, and done tons of laundry add to the fact that she is an amazing visitor. Only four weeks til my folks and our neighbors get here. In addition, my friends, the Browns, may be coming for Turkey day! That would be awesome!
Til next time!
adios from Belfast!
Michele and Ethan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home