Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: The American Is Coming!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The American Is Coming!

Nope, that is not a misspost of the Americans are coming! My dear friend Melissa gets here tomorrow! Mel is the first of my visitors coming from stateside! As a busy psychologist and Mom to a two year old, we don't get to see one another as often as we'd like. That said, we do talk on the phone tons, but still it will be so very nice to see her IRL (in real life!). When I got the okay from Fulbright, I knew that Melissa would be one of the people who would come visit us here. Why? Because we have a history of crazy travel together. When I was living in St. Louis she came to visit me. When we were at uni together we drove to Florida in her Dad's massive towncar. No way can one look "cool" while driving in a towncar at the beach. We have even hit a deer together. It was an accident, really. We're also been "rescued" by firefighters together. That is a story for another post! I am so very chuffed that she is coming, and I've been acting like a 5 year old for the past two days-just as the teachers at work! So, Mel, thanks for coming cross the pond for a visit! We love you!
ML and EE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home