Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Then my classroom started to shake......

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Then my classroom started to shake......

It was the middle of 8th period and the floor and windows in my room started to shake. The girls looked worried, but thank Heavens I had been told ahead of time. I knew what to expect, so I told the girls to look out our windows-just in time to see a RAF helicopter land on our school's front lawn! How cool is that! The first form (11 year olds) got an hour to talk with the pilots, see the inside, take pictures etc. They also got freebies of pencils, pens, posters and stickers. The next period (also the last of the day) was my free period, so I went out with my friend Joan to help do crown control. Joan and the other girls, decided that I needed to take pictures with the crew, and introduced my as their American teacher. I got some good shots upclose (I knew there was a reason I took my camera today!). which was great! I'll share them as soon as we figure out the camera conection issue. Anyway, Mr. E is very pleased with his poster-I thought I'd stick the stickers away for scrapbooking-is that awful? Tomorrow night is prize night-so it will be a late one. Gemma from the daycare is coming to stay with E, while I'm at school.
Take care and love from NI,
ML and EE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home