Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Thanksgiving

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Thanksgiving

It's almost November, and I've been thinking about how very much I have to be thankful for this year. Bear with me as I spend the new few posts saying thanks to people here in NI.
For Fiona, who drives me to school every morning and takes me home at night. For talks about our kids-both the good and bad. You are going to make a great Mother-In-Law. Can we set the date for Naomi and E's wedding yet? Thank you for putting yourself in charge of my cultural education. I can't wait to learn how to make Christmas cake (five weeks early) or Christmas Pudding either. Christmas crackers were just a mystery til you got here to answer my questions. I love that you love Pumpkin pie and know how to make it from a real pumpkin. For trips into town-and crazy stories. Thank you! For having me over to tea-making amazing food, letting me get dressed and ready at your house before prize night, mothering me, and letting me fuss. Thanks so much. I know that the words are not enough, but I have no doubt that I've made life long friends.
love,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home