Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: My Neighbours!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Sunday, October 22, 2006

My Neighbours!

Wow-we've got really wonderful neighbours here. I've never lived someplace where kids play freely from house to house and garden to garden. At first I was not at all sure about this as I like to keep taps on Mr. E. That said, I've really been blessed by wonderful neighbours here. Paul and Louise and their boys Adam and Louis (who is in E's class at school) have been so good to us. From visiting in kitchens and drinking tea, to having us to tea (food this time), feeding E-he always eats better there!, to taking him for a few hours so I can have Mama time. We've also done some traveling together: up to the coast and to Carrickfun park (the most amazing playground with stone castle and pirate ship) to Tesco, McD's, the chippy's, etc. E has made awesome friends and so have I . It was Paul who walked E to school with me on the first day, and Louise who sits and chats. I also love the fact that Louise works for-wait for it-Scholastic books here in NI. She's promised to get me into the Christmas sale! So very cool. And guys, who can forget the 3:30 AM visit. Thanks so much. We're going to miss have you guys as neighbours ehre. Whose yard will e play in?
xoxo,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home