Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: Hey....tomorrow is the 20th!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hey....tomorrow is the 20th!

Yes, I know that Hey.....tomorrow is the 20th! is not a good title-oh, well, it is my blog! Yes, I am feeling a bit snippy today. It is Sunday and tomorrow I have to go back to work. Don't get me wrong. I like my job. I like my students. I am just in mid-term funk. It happens every year. So, as a way of making due, I decided to go shopping today-BY MYSELF! I got DS's Christmas finished-minus a lego kit. I still have to get a Leapster for his DBB (dear birth brother), and get it into the mail. so, I got into town in time to see the big city hall Christmas tree go up. Very cool. Actually it went up when I was in a shop. Oh, well, still pretty cool. I can't wait to go to the international market that is held round city hall at Christmas time. I got into town today, and had an hour with a magazine and a hot chocolate at STarbucks. Oh, and a Christmas sandwhich and a toffee bar. NOt low cal but oh well! I am trying to be good this Christmas as I will have to pack everything up in a month! I'm following a poem: something you want (lego kit), something you need (Muzzy French), something to play with (pirate ship and pirates/bowling) and something to read(easy readers, Mary Poppins, and a Charlie and Lola book). Stocking will feature: Charlie and Lola 4 DVD, Tweenies Christmas DVD, chocolate coins-a NI tradition, an apple and orage (also tradition) and a few yet to be known (even to me) things! The rest of my shopping is also done. The only thing to do is send a box via LandsEnd to my folks in Indiana. Nice to have it finished and be able to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. I have a neat Advent study for E and I to do this year together. I'm looking forward to that.
In other news, it looks like we will be homeschool next term. The plan was to send E back to school in Indiana with the K class. That said, his school here has bypassed that info in the first term, AND I don't like sending him to school with kids 1-2 years older than he is (and having him know all the material). I asked him a couple of weeks ago: Do you want to go back to Edith's or go to K. He told me that: " I liked it better when I went to Edith's and you taught me at night, at home". I love HSing him and we've got a great support group for both parents and kids. So, I'm putting together a K curriculum for my kiddo. At presetnt: We will finish up JOlly Phonics (what they use here) with some easy readers. We may or may not pick up with 100 EZ Lessons or TOPGTTR after we are finished. We will use Singapore K or Horizons K math. For handwring we will use the Jolly Phonics program. A friend on the FIAR (www.fiar.com) boards suggested the BEST Bible program: First Steps (www.unitstudy.com) and we are in our second week and loving it. It is very much on DSs level and very well written. There is also a colouring sheet/activity for almost all the areas. We will also do Muzzy French Level 1. I was thinking about Latin or Greek, but as DS has bio-family in France, we will start out with French and add Latin/Greek in 3rd grade. I know it sounds silly from a PS teacher, but I have always felt called to HS, and I am so glad it is working out for us.
Oh, and back to the title of this post. Tomorrow is the 20th of November which means we are two months away from going home!
xoxo,
ML

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home