Terror Alert Level The Mama Llama in Ireland: vacaciones!

The Mama Llama in Ireland

The Trip of a lifetime. Small town Spanish teacher moves to Belfast, Northern Ireland to teach for a term. Said teacher makes friends, learns to love NI food and

Saturday, December 23, 2006

vacaciones!

Woo hoo! It is early Sat. morning, the first real day of holiday for us! I finished at noon on Wed, and Mr. E finished yesterday at 1:30. I'll be off til the 4th of Jan, and E will go back on the 9th (yes, you read that right!). Our time here is coming to an end and it is bittersweet. We will miss all of our friends here as well as many things in regard to the way of life. Still, we can't wait to get home and see family and friends, and dare I say it-Wal-mart. I never thought I'd miss it! I miss my car les than I thought and I mroe or less enjoy all the walking we do. Even E is getting used to it as well! Today we are heading in to Carrick to visit the castle (must remember camera this time!) and to walk round the town. I hope to stop by one of the fab home bakeries that they have there! We took the bus last night and had to wait almost an hour for the next bus, so today we'll take the train. Sure, it makes for a longer walk, but at least we can wait inside at the station! It's nice to be on break, but it still feels a bit unreal. I feel like I need to get up and DO something!
Hugs for now from NI!
Michele and EThan

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I enjoy reading about your adventures in Ireland ... you must share pix of the castle when you can!

Christmas Blessings to you!

~Heather

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home